Patchouli Certified Organic Essential Oil
Origin: Sri Lanka
Extraction: Steam distilled, Dried leaves
A rich musky-sweet, strong spicy aroma. Traditionally known for its soothing effects on the nervous system, helping to relieve tension and anxiety and instill balance and grounding. Can be effective for moisturising and nourishing dry or irritated skin and for smoothing out wrinkles, blemishes and small imperfections. It is effective for fungal and bacterial infections, helps break down cellulite and is a tissue regenerator, helping to stimulate the growth of new skin cells. In wound healing, it promotes faster healing, and also helps to prevent scarring. It also has known deodorizing properties.
Use to help:
Regulate and balance oily skin.
Deeply cleanse enlarged congested pores allowing them to breathe
Care for and moisturise dry, chapped or cracked skin conditions including eczema.
Treat fungal and bacterial infections.
Soothe insect bites and repel insects.
Exotic, Spiritual, Expressive
Ideal when creating intimate moments, expanding your awareness, elevating your mood or being tenacious. Grounding and balancing on the emotions, banishes lethargy, sharpens wits and fights depression and anxiety.
Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) Oil *
Diffuser: Add 2 to 3 drops into a diffuser and let the therapeutic aroma fill the atmosphere.
Perfume: Apply 1-2 drops to your scarf or the inside of your shirt and wear as a perfume.
Body massage: We recommend 10 drops of essential oil per 20ml of massage oil. (2.5% dilution). Pump a small amount into your palms and rub together to warm and spread the oil. Massage, using long flowing strokes towards the heart, into freshly cleansed skin until absorbed.
Facial massage: We recommend 1-2 drops of essential oil per 5ml of facial oil. Pump a small amount into your palms and rub together to warm and spread the oil. Massage into freshly cleansed face, neck and decolletage until absorbed.
Bathing: Dilute 5 drops of essential oil to a tablespoon of carrier oil then add to hot water and agitate the surface, then immerse and enjoy.
Inhale straight out of the bottle for a few seconds throughout the day.
Store below 30c and away from direct sunlight. To ensure skin compatibility, patch test first. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
- Potential sedative, can cause loss of appetite.
- For topical and aromatic use.
- Read the label and use as directed.
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy.
- Might irritate sensitive skin.
- Not to be taken internally without the advice of a registered clinician.
- Avoid contact with eyes and other sensitive areas.
- Keep out of the reach of children - to be administered by adults.
- Seek advice from a health care professional for use with babies and children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition, consult your health practitioner before use.
- Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Avoid contact with plastic / painted surfaces.
- Store below 30°C and out of direct sunlight.
- FIRST AID: For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (Ph 131 126 in Australia) or a doctor at once.