Clove Bud Certified Organic Essential Oil
Origin: South East Asia
Extraction: Steam distilled, Buds
A sweet, spicy, invigorating aroma with a multitude of healing benefits from physical to spiritual. It is used often in festive occassions. Potent anti-inflammatory and antiseptic benefits due to its dominant ingredient, eugenol.
Clove Bud Essential Oil comes from the buds of the clove tree, a native of South East Asian countries such as Indonesia. Mixed with other oils, for example olive and coconut, it's great as a massage oil. When used in a steam inhaler, it's known to help ease respiratory infections. In medicinal topical applications pure Clove Bud Essential Oil has also been known to assist in the treatment of wounds, cuts and fungal infections such as athlete's foot.
Mix clove oil with citrus essential oils to form an effective insect repellent. Plus you can also use it in your existing skin care products to boost their benefits.
Use to help:
Rejuvenate and stimulate a natural glow.
Treat mild acne, wounds, cuts and skin infections.
Ease respiratory infections.
Ease toothaches, sore gums, mouth ulcers and bad breath.
Warm. Purify, Celebrate
Ideal for removing negativity and boosting courage so we can focus on joy and living each day to the fullest. Also supports emotional clarity and setting of healthy boundaries.
Eugenia caryophyllata (Clove) Bud Oil *
Diffuser: Add 2 to 3 drops into a diffuser and let the therapeutic aroma fill the atmosphere.
Perfume: Apply 1-2 drops to your scarf or the inside of your shirt and wear as a perfume.
Body massage: We recommend 10 drops of essential oil per 20ml of massage oil. (2.5% dilution). Pump a small amount into your palms and rub together to warm and spread the oil. Massage, using long flowing strokes towards the heart, into freshly cleansed skin until absorbed.
Facial massage: We recommend 1-2 drops of essential oil per 5ml of facial oil. Pump a small amount into your palms and rub together to warm and spread the oil. Massage into freshly cleansed face, neck and decolletage until absorbed.
Bathing: Dilute 5 drops of essential oil to a tablespoon of carrier oil then add to hot water and agitate the surface, then immerse and enjoy.
Inhale straight out of the bottle for a few seconds throughout the day.
Store below 30c and away from direct sunlight. To ensure skin compatibility, patch test first. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
- May cause dermal irritation. Use in low dilutions.
- For topical and aromatic use.
- Read the label and use as directed.
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy.
- Might irritate sensitive skin.
- Not to be taken internally without the advice of a registered clinician.
- Avoid contact with eyes and other sensitive areas.
- Keep out of the reach of children - to be administered by adults.
- Seek advice from a health care professional for use with babies and children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition, consult your health practitioner before use.
- Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Avoid contact with plastic / painted surfaces.
- Store below 30°C and out of direct sunlight.
- FIRST AID: For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (Ph 131 126 in Australia) or a doctor at once.