Lemon Myrtle Certified Organic Essential Oil
Lemon Myrtle, Backhousia citriodora
Extraction: Steam distilled, Leaves
The aroma of this essential oil, native to Northern NSW Australia, is lively and refreshingly citrusy. It is a wonderful mood lifter and calming to the central nervous system.
High in vitamin C and extremely rich in citral making it very useful for purification. Lemon Myrtle is even more anti-fungal, antimicrobial and anti-bacterial than that of Tea Tree.
Use to help:
Reduce the appearance of blemishes.
Soothe skin irritations, minor burns and insect bites.
Treat cuts and small wounds.
Soothe fatigued muscles.
Purify the air from unwanted odours.
Uplift, Enliven, Cleanse
Improves concentration, uplifts, soothes hypertension, boosts happiness, aids sleeping, removes bad aromas from rooms.
Backhousia citriodora (Lemon Myrtle) Oil*
Diffuser: Add 2 to 3 drops into a diffuser and let the therapeutic aroma fill the atmosphere
Perfume: Apply 1-2 drops to your scarf or the inside of your shirt and wear as a perfume
Body massage: We recommend 10 drops of essential oil per 20ml of massage oil. (2.5% dilution). Pump a small amount into your palms and rub together to warm and spread the oil. Massage, using long flowing strokes towards the heart, into freshly cleansed skin until absorbed.
Facial massage: We recommend 1-2 drops of essential oil per 5ml of facial oil. Pump a small amount into your palms and rub together to warm and spread the oil. Massage into freshly cleansed face, neck and decolletage until absorbed
Bathing: Dilute 5 drops of essential oil to a tablespoon of carrier oil then add to hot water and agitate the surface, then immerse and enjoy.
Store below 30c and away from direct sunlight. To ensure skin compatibility, patch test first. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
- For topical and aromatic use.
- Read the label and use as directed.
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy.
- Might irritate sensitive skin.
- Not to be taken internally without the advice of a registered clinician.
- Avoid contact with eyes and other sensitive areas.
- Keep out of the reach of children - to be administered by adults.
- Seek advice from a health care professional for use with babies and children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication or if you have a medical condition, consult your health practitioner before use.
- Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Avoid contact with plastic / painted surfaces.
- Store below 30°C and out of direct sunlight.
- FIRST AID: For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (Ph 131 126 in Australia) or a doctor at once.